If you are investing time, money, and effort in a WooCommerce store, you must be wondering about enhancing the customer experience. One ideal way of impressing visitors is to provide them multiple variations. Since online shopping is all about visuals, customers need to view the product in the best possible manner. Therefore, displaying variations, particularly the color variations can impress the prospects in no time.
- 1 How do Color Swatches Help in Customer Retention?
- 2 Things to Consider when Selecting a Color Swatch Plugin
- 3 Best WooCommerce Color Swatches Plugin
- 4 WooSwatches
- 5 Conclusion
Now, you must be wondering about the plugins that can assist in providing color swatches. Do not worry! I am going to share the best WooCommerce color swatches plugins today. You will gain detailed knowledge about their features, pricing, and benefits. So, let’s begin:
How do Color Swatches Help in Customer Retention?
Whenever I visit any website, I always look for color variations before investing. The last time I visited an online clothing store, I was happy to find a few formal shirts. However, I spent around an hour viewing those shirts in other colors. Unfortunately, I ended up in utter disappointment. Since then, I cannot even think of visiting the site again.
This is how the absence of color swatches can spoil your consumers and decrease the retention rate. Now, if there is a website that provides an easier view of products in multiple colors, customers, like me, will return for sure.
So, if you are trying to sell things on WooCommerce, make sure that your site is easy to navigate. Besides this, the visitors can easily view your products in all of the available colors. If you just mention the colors available and do not provide a view of it, it will be useless. Furthermore, this thing will spoil your business identity.
Things to Consider when Selecting a Color Swatch Plugin
Before selecting a color swatch plugin, you should know your site and product requirements. Besides this, also have a clear understanding of your target audience. What do they want to see and how? For instance, if you are displaying household items, you should opt for the plugin that provides height, width, and shape selection options. In this way, the visitors can have a real look at the product and understand if it’s easy to manage.
However, some basic features like text, color, and image swatch options are mandatory. If you deal with a long list of products and want to have a plugin that can ease the color swatch processes, look for the one that can assist in product attribute management.
Best WooCommerce Color Swatches Plugin
Just like Variation Master and WooSwatches, it also provides an option to swatch the text, color, and image of the product. However, unlike others, here you can select the width and height of your icons. Thus, it gives you more liberty in designing the look of your swatches. Another distinction is its feature of cross marking or blurring the unavailable swatch options. This reduces consumer time and provides an overall great shopping experience.
- You can create your custom-made swatch look.
- You can show only the available swatch option by blurring the unavailable stock.
- You will find it easier because of its compatibility with various themes and plugins.
- Whenever someone hovers over an icon, you can display the term name.
- Free basic version
Even though the plugin offers some unique features, but all of them are available in the free plan. You can even go for the add-ons that include settings for individual attributes, some extra tooltips, tooltips styling, and much more.
This plugin helps in displaying your content, image, and color on WooCommerce. If you are looking for a user-friendly plugin, it can be the right fit for you. Besides this, the plugin is compatible with various multilingual themes and multiple templates.
- It provides square and round stylized swatch shapes.
- You can enjoy the feature of creating the global attribute. Here you have the liberty to override during the editing phase.
- You can select a single color attribute for your product page, while this color keeps on changing while hovering.
- Wooswatches provides satisfactory customer support.
- You will also appreciate color-based filtering.
- Sliders and option names with each swatch provide a commendable user experience.
- In case if the products are out of stock, they will not be shown on the site. This is the key reason why I love this plugin as I don’t want to tempt my consumers with some products and then disappoint them with unavailability.
- Even if you are a newbie, you do not need to worry. You will get technical support for up to 6 months.
- $19 for a single-site subscription
If we compare the features with its price, I think it is much more affordable than other plugins.
As the name suggests, this plugin is considered the variation master as it provides numerous customizable features for product variations. Like many others, this is easy-to-use and provides an option to create an image, color, and text swatches. With this plugin, you can also create a variation image gallery of your product. This is useful in displaying the product with multiple variations, which, in turn, eases the decision-making process of the buyer.
- You can add product variations in the gallery images.
- You can even add bulk images along with swatches and colors.
- You can conveniently add variation swatches.
- On the cart page, customers enjoy the choice of updating their variation image.
- There is no limit to adding attributes i.e. the size, colors, and patterns.
- It provides support for six months.
- $35 for a single-site license
I love some of its unique features like variation gallery images and the choice of adding variation images on the cart page. Besides this, the plugin seems affordable as it has all the basic features along with some unique ones, which are not commonly present in other plugins.
Apart from all the basic features, it lets you highlight the key features of your product. Furthermore, you have the option to add details of each feature. Other than the basic text, image, and color options, there are swatch options for labels and radio buttons too.
- You can directly add product variation to the cart.
- It is compatible with multiple themes.
- You can separate key features from the basic features.
- Free basic plan
In comparison to other plugins, I consider it as an extension of basic plugins. It has some unique features like highlighting the main features, which are not present in other plugins.
This plugin is ideal for enhancing the overall look of the product page. Besides this, you can also add custom-made styles for your swatches. If your products have multiple attributes, it can be the right choice for you because it is easy to load. Additionally, users can create a group of attributes for saving time when updating individual products.
- You can save time by effectively managing products through attribute groups.
- You can enhance the customer experience by improving the product page appearance.
- You have the liberty to customize attribute styling.
- $17 for a single-site license
This plugin is suitable for those who want to add numerous attributes and keep them updated. Besides this, if you are mainly concerned with the look of your product page, you can try out this plugin.
So, this was the list of some popular color swatches plugins of WooCommerce. Though every plugin has its importance, you should select the one that suits your needs.
In my opinion, you can try out the Variation swatches for WooCommerce, if you are looking for something free and full of useful features. However, if you routinely go out of stock, try using the Variation Master.
But, if you are ready to invest, you can try out JC Advanced Product Attributes if you have a bulk of product attributes to handle.
Thus, your selection solely depends on your product and target market. Try using the basic version first, and then avail the add-ons for improving your results.